Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pork Burgers

I bet most of you have never heard of a pork burger. Neither had I until I moved to Southern Illinois. I'll never forget the first time someone told me they were going to a fund raiser cookout to get a pork burger. You're going to get a what?? Of course the culinary curiosity in me followed along. When we arrived at he "Pork Burger" sale, my olfactory nerves were greeted with the most scrumptious smell. Oh snap I thought... I'm getting myself one of these things. The rest is history.

Now for those of you not in the know. A pork burger looks a lot like a regular hamburger. Except of course the patty is made of pork rather than beef. Let me assure you that the similarity ends there. The taste is heavenly. It's really hard to even put in words. You would expect it to taste like, say, a breakfast sausage patty. WRONG. However, it doesn't taste like a burger either. It's really more like the savory taste of a beautiful pork chop only in a burger patty. I know... Crazy right!

Let's just say if you ever get a chance to try one, don't miss out.


-Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment