Friday, June 7, 2013

Weather you like it or not

I can't help but notice in the news that there have been a lot of deadly tornadoes this year. Last year also had its share of deadly twisters. What's so crazy about a tornado is that they can't be predicted. It's not like watching a hurricane slowly track its way in. We know they are coming. Or watching the weather radar and seeing the storm front approach.

Twisters drop out of the sky with VERY little warning and start tearing things apart in an extremely violent manner. What makes them even crazier is that they can wipe one house down to its foundation and only pull a few shingles off the one next door. They can be and have been a killer. Hopefully the area you live in has tornado sirens. When they sound, don't take them for granted. Turn on the radio and take shelter.

My small town has sirens, however, our bedroom is downstairs. To compound the problem, some years ago I got used to sleeping with a fan, now I have to have it on to sleep. The result... I can't hear the sirens go off. So to fix that problem, I picked up a weather radio. I HIGHLY recommend you get one. I'm here to tell you, when the alert tone on one of these bad boys goes off, you're coming out of your skin.

I picked mine up at Wal-Mart for $30.00. That's cheap to have some peace of mind that I won't sleep through some weather that could kill me or my family. I encourage you to make sure you can hear the storm sirens or something. When a tornado comes knocking, you may only have seconds to get to cover.

Here is a link to a weather radio on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-Consumer-WR-120B-Certified-Trilingual/dp/B00176T9OY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1370665813&sr=8-3&keywords=weather+radio

Be safe!

-Red
www.jeffjake.com

No comments:

Post a Comment