Tuesday, June 11, 2013

UP

I've always had trouble maintaining a healthy weight. I just love food too much. How about you? Do you like food to much? I feel your pain if you do and if you don't, kudos to you. I've lost weight before, I just can't ever seem to keep to the plan. The best I ever looked and felt was when I was in my early twenties and I had a great workout partner. He and I had the perfect balance of encouragement for each other and competition to drive us further. 

I've done fat counting diets... weight watchers... Livestrong... Crossfit... and so on. I just seem to loose interest. I can't stay motivated. Well... maybe that has changed. This weekend I came across something that not only appealed to my desire to loose weight, it also appealed to the team/competition portion of my mind. AND... best of all... it totally got the geek in me fired UP.  What is it you ask?


Jawbone Up

Meet the Jawbone UP Band. This little bracelet is a super charged pedometer and associated app for your smart phone. The bracelet tracks all your activity for the day and even tracks your sleep at night. Then it sinks with you phone to show you trends. Along with the apps food tracking, you can see if you are making progress towards your goals. In addition to tracking yourself, the app has a social side that allows you to team up with 10, 20, 30, 100's of people to compete with and encourage. So far I've learned a lot about how active I am and what I'm eating. If you are looking for a fun way to start getting in shape, check out the JAWBONE UP.

-Red


No comments:

Post a Comment