Sunday, August 24, 2014

Grandpa Time!

I'm excited to share with you that as of last week, I'm a grandpa! It's a surreal feeling. One part of me says, "I'm too young to be a paw paw." The other half is so amped it can't contain itself. I find myself looking forward to all the things that me and the little guy will do together. To be perfectly honest, the strong feelings that I have developed in such a short time, I thought would only be reserved to my own children. Not that I didn't think I wouldn't love the little guy, It's just a much deeper love than I expected. I'm not sure I can even explain. The love I feel for him is every bit as deep as my own kids, but different. (I'm sorry, I know that isn't helpful.)

One thing is for sure.... I'm looking forward to all the good times that I'm going to have. I have to laugh because my daughter is afraid that I'm going to make him a nerd. (She uses the term very lightly in reference to my love of Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.) I jokingly (Well, sort of jokingly) told her that I wasn't going to go by grandpa or paw paw. I said to her that I was going to have him call me Jedi Master and I would call him padawan. I wish I could have captured the look on her face, it was priceless.

Needless to say, I'm sure that I will teach him things that his mother doesn't approve of. I did it with my own son, why wouldn't I do it with my grandson. His mother and grandmother will just have to do as much damage control as possible. However, it's doubtful that they will be able to totally erase my influence on the little man. Say a little prayer for them if you would. I will do my best to not overly stress them, but I'm sure it will happen.

Let the fun begin!

-Red


No comments:

Post a Comment