Wednesday, May 8, 2013

William Johnstone - Ashes Series

I love reading. Science fiction, post apocalyptic, action, even a little horror. (My friend Eric S. Brown is who turned me onto the horror genre.) When I read, I look for easy going stories that are a fast read. Lots of action that flows. I'm not a big fan of an overly descriptive story. I don't want to read four pages about a tree. It's a freaking tree.... move on with the story. I don't want to read all about the clothes the character is wearing down to the buttons. I like light details and move the story.

If you're like me and you enjoy post apocalyptic I've got a series that I would like to recommend to you. It's a 36 book series by William Johnstone. In this series you follow Ben Raines through a world destroyed by war and plagues. Ben builds an army of rebels who fight to rebuild from the ashes. 

The series has good action, lovable characters, and just enough cheesy to make you smile.

Check it out, you might like it. You can buy the first book from Amazon used for like $0.01.



-Red

No comments:

Post a Comment