Monday, May 6, 2013

A new addiction

I read an article today about video game and other Internet compulsive disorders are becoming a legitimate issue with psychologist. They have actually started to call it a disorder. The latest diagnostic manual will be adding video game and Internet addiction.

The article states that the games and other Internet content stimulates the pleasure centers of our brain, making us want to come back. They also discuss how when games or Internet are taken away, those afflicted will act out in a violent manner in some cases.

It's interesting to me for a few reasons. One... I love video games... Call of Duty mostly.  Two... My son loves video games. I have to admit that when I game heavily, I get grouchy much easier. I don't like to be interrupted while I'm playing and can be rather snotty about it. The article really made me stop and think a bit.

Here it is if your interested.


-Red
www.jeffjake.com

No comments:

Post a Comment