Monday, April 15, 2013

Defiance

Tonight (Monday), the Syfy channels new show, Defiance opened up with the two hour pilot episode. I have to admit that in the first five minutes of the show I thought I was in for a long two hours. I'm happy to say that first impressions did not hold to be true. Within ten to fifteen minutes I found myself settling in for the show. Comfortably I might add.

I found the characters to be likable and it didn't take long for me to become invested in what was happening. It was rather predictable in places. But that isn't a real big deal for me. I can overlook predictable if they are driving the story well. If I had one thing that I didn't care for, it was the abruptness that they dump you into this 'new' Earth. They tease you a bit at the beginning with some tidbits of what went down to get you where you are, but I wanted more. I can only hope that over the next few episodes they will elaborated a little more to my liking.

Bottom line... If you like post apocalyptic futures mixed with a dash of the Star Wars Cantina, you'll probably like this show.



Did you watch the show? If so, I would love to know what you thought. Leave a comment and tell us what you thought.

-Red


No comments:

Post a Comment