Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pandora - Yes It Rocks!

Well if you like music at all and have Internet or a smart phone, I'm sure that you have heard of Pandora. It's a downloadable app for your phone, tablet, etc. You can also go to their website and sign up at www.pandora.com.

I've utilized their FREE service for about two years now. I love the ability to customize my stations to what I want to listen to at that moment. You can literally type in an artist and get stuff that is all from that artist or people that are similar to the chosen artist. OR.. you can put in that you want 80's rock... and BAM... you're jammin' to some Bon Jovi. It's a great service.

The only complaint that I have is that they throw in occasional ads (Not so many as to be way annoying. Maybe on every 12 to 15 songs... I've never checked it so I don't know for sure). The other bit that I don't like is that you can only skip so many songs per day. So once you've skipped your five songs for the day... your stuck with what they give ya.

Now for quite a while, I've kicked around the idea of paying for their service. It allows unlimited skips, no ads, and higher quality streaming music. But I've always thought it would be to pricey. I mean XM/Sirius Radio is like $80.00 for 3 months. Well today I checked it out... $36.00 for a YEAR! CHA-CHING BABY... That's nothing! I blow that much on fast food in a week.... AND IT'S WAY cheaper than XM. So I signed up.

I'm already loving the no ads. Anyway... if you love music and haven't considered paying for Pandora... Its cheap.

Rock on my friends!


-Red
www.jeffjake.com
www.facebook.com/jeffreyrjake
Twitter @MortisG187

Email Jeff at author@jeffjake.com

No comments:

Post a Comment