Thursday, March 21, 2013

Jurassic Park - Fact or Fiction

If you know anything about movies, I'm sure you've heard of and/or watched one of the Jurassic Park films. In those films they bring back extinct dino's from their DNA found in preserved amber. It's great story telling and science fiction.... or is it?

Rheobatrachus Silus, a frog that went extinct in the 1980's has been revived by Australian scientist. Apparently they found some DNA from said frog that had been on ice since the 1970's. They took this genetic material and injected it into the eggs of a distant frog relative. Bingo! The cells started to multiply and what they found was that the cells belonged to the extinct species.

Here is the article for you to check out.

How crazy is that!?

One thing is for sure.... I can't wait to place my order for my very own Velociraptor. I just hop I can house break him.



-Red

www.jeffjake.com
www.facebook.com/jeffreyrjake
Twitter @MortisG187

I would love to hear from you. Let me know what you think of my blog. Email me at author@jeffjake.com

No comments:

Post a Comment