Friday, February 22, 2013

They Just Don't Make Them Like That Anymore

You ever notice how much we have become a throw away society. It seems like nothing last anymore. My wife and I have been married for almost 20 years and we're on our FOURTH washer. My parents had the same washer for like 30 years. We've had all kinds, Maytag, Kenmore, it didn't matter. They all bellied up on us. What we did do this time is go back to a top loader. Just a simple, no frills washer.

I told my wife if I'm going to have to buy a new one of these stinking things every four or five years, I'm not spending $800 to $1200 on the sucker. Bargain basement is what we went with! $299.00 AND, it's simple enough that we can work on it ourselves.

It's just frustrating to work so hard to make ends meet and turn around to buy a big ticket item that junks out on you in just a few years. We bought a $175 faucet for our kitchen sink because it was a Moen. Oooohhhh... Aaaahhhhh.... It junked out after a little over a year. It's just ridiculous.

How about you? What have you spent money on only to turn around and buy another one WAY too soon?

Makes you want to revolt doesn't it?


Sorry about the rant... Just needed to vent. I do feel better now.


-Red
www.jeffjake.com
www.facebook.com/jeffreyrjake
Twitter @MortisG187

Contact me at author@jeffjake.com

No comments:

Post a Comment