Sunday, February 3, 2013

Gaming Then & Now


My wife and I were at our daughters house recently. While my wife talked to her, I sat down with her husband to try my hand at some Xbox 360, Black Ops II. Now let me say that I'm not a noob to gaming, I AM however, a noob to Xbox 360. You see I'm a PC gamer. I use a keyboard and mouse to initiate my mayhem. So when he handed me the controller and gave me a quick run down you can understand my confusion. You see I was not used to using my thumbs to do one thing, my pointer finger to do another, my other pointer finger to do something else, and so on. 

I'm use to W,S,A,D, Space bar, C, Left mouse... and that's all ya need. Needless to say, it was no surprise that when we went on line, within a very short time I had racked up an amazing ZERO kills and 22 deaths. So before I threw his wireless controller through his flat screen TV, I asked if we could move on to something requiring a little less dexterity.

While we were looking for a game that would befit my NOOB status, we talked about all the earlier systems we had both owned. Of course he had never played an Atari. His first system was a super NES. It was a cool walk down memory lane and discussion on the evolution of games. Here are a few pictures of the ones that I remember best (systems and games)...










What was your favorite?

-Red
www.jeffjake.com
www.facebook.com/jeffreyrjake
Twitter @MortisG187

Email author@jeffjake.com


No comments:

Post a Comment