Thursday, April 18, 2013

Is That Real Blood???

My wife and I just got done watching Django. I'm NOT a Quentin Tarantino fan. However, I heard some good things about this one. Also it won two Academy Awards. I was like... Whhhaaaat?

So we gave it a go. AND... I liked it. I really did like the movie. I liked it enough that it will most likely end up in my DVD collection. I never thought I would have a Tarantino movie on the shelf.

Now I'm getting ready to talk about a scene in the movie... so if you haven't seen it... SPOILER ALERT!!!

*
*
*
*
*
*
Okay... 

In a climactic scene towards the end of the film. Dr. Shultz and Django are about to free Broomhilda (Django's wife) from Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio). However, they are found out and Calvin is none to happy about the scam Dr. Shultz and Django have been playing on him. 

In a fit, he slams his hand on the table and has a rather lengthy tirade. While I was watching, I noticed that his left hand was bloody. Now I'm not saying I'm some kind of super EMT or anything, but I was like wow... that looks really real. I even commented to my wife... "Wow, that looks like he really cut his hand." So I Googled it. (I don't know how I managed life before Google) What did I find? He did cut his hand during the filming of the scene.... and he didn't break character! The cut, from a glass tumbler on the table, required medical treatment. 

Now I know a lot of people don't care for DiCaprio.... But I gotta tell ya... That takes some moxie to cut the crap outta your hand and keep character. So I have to take my hat off to the man. Impressive.

Here is the article I found talking about the scene. CLICK HERE

So that's my ramble for tonight. I was just thoroughly impressed that DiCaprio cut the snot out of his hand and kept in character during the filming. Sorry... but that is why I call it Ramblings of a Redhead.


-Red
www.jeffjake.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment