Saturday, February 9, 2013

You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together.

If you recognized the title of my blog for today, then you've seen the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I can still remember the fist time I saw this movie. I was a sophomore in high school at a friends house. I bet there were fifteen of us piled around the TV to watch it. If you like British humor, I highly recommend the movie. Even my fifteen year old son got a good laugh at the Black Knight scene.

One of the things that drew a laugh through out the film was the fact that the actors didn't actually ride horses. They pretended to ride while their squire behind used coconuts to make the sound of horses. (Back in the day, this is how the sound effect was achieved for the movies.)


The interesting part about this is that they were originally supposed to ride real horses. Now I've read a few different reasons as to why they didn't end up on a horse.

1. The actors couldn't ride the horses
2. The production couldn't afford the horses

Either way, the solution was hilarious. If you've never seen the film, you should give it a try. If you've seen it and liked it, you should watch it again.

I leave you with a bit of dialog from the movie....


King Arthur: I am your king. 
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you. 
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings. 
Woman: Well how'd you become king then? 
[Angelic music plays... ] 
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king. 
Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. 



-Red


www.jeffjake.com

www.facebook.com/jeffreyrjake
Twitter @MortisG187

Email Jeff at: author@jeffjake.com



COMMING SOON - The Valiant Incident


AVAILABLE NOW - Assassins Retribution      NOOK  Kindle 

No comments:

Post a Comment