Monday, January 7, 2013

Being Social

I don't think anyone can argue that social media has entrenched itself into the fabric of our lives. Computers, phones, tablets, and now TV's all give us access to the social media highway. It's my understanding that there is now a car that has social media built into its radio/nav system. Now you can tweet about the location of the state police rather than pick up the CB mic. (CB is Citizen Band radio for you youngsters that may not know what that means... 10-4 Good Buddy)

Being the nerd that I am. I have been plugged into social networks for quite a while now. My favorite is Facebook. Though, I am becoming more adept at Twitter. What I like about Facebook is that it's allowed me to reconnect with lost friends and family. I can see pictures of their family and they can see pictures of mine. It allows me to stay in touch on a daily basis with people that would have been lost to me.

On December 22nd (2012), I dipped my toe into a much larger world of social media. As you may recall my daughter was married that Saturday. At the beginning of the day, I started tweeting about what was going on with the #fatherofthebride. To my amazement, by mid day it was a trending tag. I started getting congratulations from people I didn't even know, asking me to post pictures of the bride. It was really neat to share such an awesome day with others.

Needless to say, I think it's here to stay. Facebook on my phone is usually the first thing I look at in the morning even before the news. It's also typically the last thing I check before I roll over to go to bed. Social media is great about allowing people to connect. Just remember to also communicate with others. Don't just become a connection... Build a friendship!

Oh... and make sure you unplug everyday from the social media and spend quality time with your family.

Happy Tweeting!

-Red

You can keep up with Jeff at:
www.jeffjake.com
www.facebook.com/jeffreyrjake
Twitter @MortisG187

Email at: author@jeffjake.com


No comments:

Post a Comment