Sunday, December 23, 2012

You are not a Jedi Yet!

As many of you may have figured out (or already know), I am a huge science fiction fan. I have to admit, the word fan, may not be a strong enough descriptor. I'm a bit fanatical in my love of the genre. So when a good friend of mine told me today that he read something about there being a Jedi religion... Oh yeah... I was on that like flies on stink.

What I found was that in several countries, where they take a census, people marked their "religion" as Jedi or Jedi Knight. In some cases it was the countries 2nd largest religion! How wild is that? Now before you go off and buy your robes and light saber. Let me tell you that (at least so far) there is in fact no organized Jedi religion/church. It would seem that most people listed themselves as Jedi out of protest for being asked to put a religious designation on the census form.

I guess for now I'll have to wait to learn how to force choke that annoying guy in line at Wal-Mart.


-Red

If you want to read more about this crazy "Jedi Phenomenon", you can check it out here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon


You can follow Jeff at:
www.jeffjake.com
www.facebook.com/jeffreyrjake
Twitter @MortisG187

Download his FREE short story - A Dead Run (click on title)


No comments:

Post a Comment