Sunday, December 9, 2012

Walmart's Plan for World Domination!

Let me start out by saying this is not a dissertation on the financial
impact Walmart has on small towns and small businesses. This is simply
the fun observations and ramblings of a light hearted redhead. Okay,
now that I have the disclaimer out of the way... on to the fun.

My wife and I had to head into Evansville, Indiana yesterday to pick
up much needed supplies for my daughters rapidly approaching wedding.
(For those of you who don't know, Evansville is a nice sized city at a
population of 118,000) While we were in Evansville, we realized we
needed to stop at a Walmart. No big deal. What we didn't expect, was
to come across a small Walmart off the beaten path, squirreled away
and almost hidden from view.

I'm sure you are, like myself, accustomed to seeing the big blue
Walmart signs with their yellow sunburst. So, you can understand our
shock when we spotted a GREEN Walmart sign. We both shot each other a
look and were like "What the heck is that?" At the bottom of the sign
it said "Neighborhood Market". Now for those of you that have not
already seen one of these creatures, or have not already figured it
out, it was a Walmart grocery store. No electronics, household goods,
clothing, etc. It was like walking into any other grocery store.

Okay, so that is the set up for the discussion that followed. As we
were leaving the grocery store Walmart (weird..  I know), I told my
wife that it was only a matter of time before Walmart dominated the
world. She of course laughed at her husbands crazy idea. However, let
me explain. Today it's a grocery store, next it's gas stations, then
it will be a clothing store, next there will be Walmart fast food
restaurants, and who knows what's next. In the end.. Walmart will have
a store for everything. It will be just like in the movie Demolition
Man. But instead of Taco Bell being the only one to survive, it'll be
Walmart.

So start practicing your Walmart cheer now. Because one day, we are
all going to work for them.

Give me a W!
Give me an A!
Give me an L!
Give me a squiggley!
Give me an M!
Give me an A!
Give me an R!
Give me a T!

What's that spell?
Walmart!

Whose Walmart is it?
It's my Walmart!

Who's number one?
The customer Always!

(Yes they really do this cheer. So get used to it.)
(www.youtube.com/watch?v=y99oqlyHobk)


-Red

No comments:

Post a Comment