Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Take Me to the Movies!

Well I just watched the newest trailer for The Man of Steel. Next summers reboot of the Superman franchise. I almost geeked out over it as bad as I did the Star Trek Into Darkness trailer. It looks like they have given the supreme superhero a much grittier edge.

While it certainly looks cool. I know several people that are upset because they didn't just continue the Smallville cast to the movies. I think it's a legit question. They did it with Star Trek and Firefly.


So that brings me to my question for today. There are lots of movies that have used multiple actors for a main roll.

  • Batman
  • Spiderman
  • Hulk
  • James Bond
  • Superman
I could go on, but I think you get the point. For me, at times, it can be disruptive. For instance, if they tried to replace Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man... I think heads would roll. For me, it was hard to see anyone other than Christopher Reeves as Superman. However, in other instances, I've adjusted well to the actor/actress change. I didn't have any problem moving on from Roger Moore as James Bond. (That is I've liked Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig)

So do you have a favorite actor/actress for a character that you hold dear? Have they been replaced? Or do you think they need to find someone better to play your beloved character?

Let me know your thoughts.

Until next time, here is the trailer for The Man of Steel.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/11/man-of-steel-trailer-superman_n_2278084.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment

-Red


Follow me on Twitter @MortisG187 or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/jeffreyrjake

You can email me at author@jeffjake.com

www.jeffjake.com




No comments:

Post a Comment