Friday, December 21, 2012

Defunct Doomsday

Well depending on your interpretation of the Mayan Calendar, either we have made it or we will have to wait until 12:01 a.m. tonight. For me personally, I'm not sure what the hub bub is all about. I mean really. I don't print off the next years calendar until January 1st. These guys ran theirs out for 5125.36 years. Looks to me like they are just really into planning. Maybe they had a doctors appointment set in 2012 they didn't want to miss.

Personally, I think it's more of an artistic reasoning behind it. I mean why 5125.36? Why not round that baby off? I submit the following picture to you:

Mayan Calendar

Now if they had ended it at 5000 years flat, there would be a big gap. What I think happened is the guy was carving away, fully intent on only going to 5000 years, but he carved to small. So rather than pull out another stone tablet, and after a whole lot of cussing, he decided that he would just finish going around. And there ya have it folks, the 5126.36 year Mayan calendar was born. 

So, there is my rant for the day. Be sure to tune into tomorrow for another ramble from Red.

Oh and I leave you with this last photo:


-Red

Author Note: Just having a little fun with this today. If you really want to learn more about the Mayan calendar, I found some really in depth information about the cycles and its set up.


Hey, be sure to follow Jeff at:
www.jeffjake.com
www.facebook.com/jeffreyrjake
Twitter @MortisG187


Jeff's novel Assassin's Retribution is available at Amazon.com, Kobobooks.com, and Smashwords.com



No comments:

Post a Comment